Job Description: Property Manager/Housing Specialist (PT or FT)
This new position is part of the Life Skills team of STRIVE Transitional Living, serving youth 18-24. This position is responsible for the coordination and provision of services related to housing and utilities. The overall goals of the position are to increase access to safe and affordable housing in all project counties and that the needs of the clients are met. Work schedule is negotiable.
- ·Relationships with area landlords and property managers
- · Searches of available properties for lease
- · Communication with clients’ landlords, assisting with issues or disputes
- · Group life skills instruction related to housing
- ·Team meetings
- · STRIVE Transitional Living events
- · Trauma-Informed, Person-Centered strategy and other required training
- - Housing-based events and community meetings
- · Documentation and Data Collection
Assists each client to
- · Determine housing goals and barriers
- · Establish safety requirements
- · Review leases and agreements for client rights
- · Apply for housing and utilities
- · Search and locate safe and adequate housing
- · Negotiate terms of housing
Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, from time to time, as related to the position.
- · Ability to work with youth, families and pertinent agencies
- · Ability to maintain personal and professional boundaries
- · Ability to network with area housing-based individuals and agencies
- Bachelor’s Degree (REQUIRED) due to funding requirements in the area of social work, education, social sciences, or a field related to housing is preferable, but any other degree areas considered.
- Knowledge of and experience in real estate or property management within the region.
- Strong organizational skills and commitment to community-focused organizing models.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Reports to: Director of Transitional Living
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Due to the increasing cases of Covid- 19, we are requiring potential staff to be tested before employment.